Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
2 x M8 x 40mm stainless hex head machine screws
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Remove the headlamp unit from the bowl by unscrewing the Phillips screws at the lower part of the bezel. Undo the 12mm nut and remove the bolt which holds the headlamp to the right hand headlamp bracket.
- Fit the right hand screen mounting bracket on the outside of the headlamp bracket and fit the supplied M8 x 40mm screw. Refit the original nut and tighten. Ensure that the triangular step at the back of the screen mounting bracket is resting fully on the headlamp bracket before tightening.
- Repeat operation for left hand side.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly
until they are seated on the brackets. Now refit the headlight unit.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!