Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
2 x M6 x 40mm stainless machine screws
2 x M8 x 40mm stainless machine screws
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Using a 5mm Allen key, remove the bolt holding the indicator to the headlamp bracket. Now remove the headlight bolt.
- Fit the indicator to the right hand screen mounting bracket feeding the wire through the slot in the bracket. Replace the headlight bolt with the the M8 x 40mm bolt supplied.
- Replace the indicator bolt with the M6 x 40mm bolt supplied, and screw it into the captive nut in the headlamp bracket. Make sure the captive nut doesn’t fall out during this operation, as it can be a fiddly task to recover it!
- Repeat operation for left hand side. If one side is fully tightened before the other is attempted then the headlamp should not need readjusting.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets. Do not overtighten these screws as damage to the brackets or threads may result.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!