Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x stainless M6 washers
4 x rubber collets
2 x PlusMount clamp front
2 x PlusMount clamp back
2 x Anodised aluminium bezel
2 x M8 x 16mm countersunk hex head screws
4 x M6 x 16mm pan head screws
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Remove the wire cable guide from the underside of the top yoke. This is attached with a Torx T27 screw and can be quite a tight fit. Take it off the clutch cable at the handlebar end.
- Fit the rubber collets into the four clamp components, ensuring they fit snugly. Push the steel brackets onto the PlusMount clamp as per the diagram, add the anodised aluminium discs and secure with the M8 x 16mm countersunk screws. Tighten these fully.
- Place the clamps on the fork legs, a little below the top yoke and secure with the four M6 x 16mm screws. Don’t tighten these fully yet.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and fit the hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Now everything is in position, you can adjust the height of the screen above the headlight to your satisfaction, and make sure it’s good and central. Then gradually tighten the PlusMount clamp screws until there is the smallest of gaps between the two clamp halves. Now tighten the screen screws until they seat on the brackets.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!