Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
2 x M6 x 20 caphead screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade
- Using a 5mm Allen key and a 10mm spanner, remove the bolt holding the right hand indicator to the headlamp bracket.
- Fit the right hand screen mounting bracket on the headlamp bracket, threading the indicator wire through the slot, refit the indicator and secure the M6x20mm bolt. Fit the original M6 Nyloc nut in its original position. Note: this is a very fiddly operation as there is not much room to work! We find it easiest to hold the nut in a ring spanner, but it’s still not easy. Make sure there is no movement in the bracket, but do not overtighten. NB For US/Canada models only, it is likely that your bike is fitted with a pair of spacers between the indicator and the headlight bracket. If you wish to retain these, you’ll need to re-use your existing indicator bolt.
- Repeat operation for left hand side. Sight along the brackets from the side to make sure they line up, and adjust if necessary.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Note that the screen is held by a small amount of tension and the brackets may have to be forced slightly to accommodate this. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets.
- Important: because of the unusual brake hose layout on this model, it may be that the hose touches the back of the screen at full lock. Do not allow this to happen, as it will scratch the inside of the screen! If necessary, rotate the brake hose slightly where it fits to the master cylinder.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!