Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x M6 x 35mm stainless screws
4 x 20mm aluminum spacers
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x M6 stainless washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Fit one of the screen brackets and two of the spacers to the inside of the headlight bracket, line up with the pre-threaded holes and secure using the M6 x 35mm screws. The spacers should fit between the headlight brackets and the screen brackets, as per the diagram above. This can be a little fiddly...
- Repeat operation for left hand side.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!