Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x M6 x 25mm stainless flange head screws
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Remove the four hex head screws from the panels above the headlight, and the two screws on the side of these panels.
- Fit the right hand screen mounting bracket above the panel. Locate this with two of the M6 x 25mm screws supplied, but do not tighten yet. Refit the original Yamaha screw at the side of the panel. Tighten this screw fully. Now tighten the two top screws: please note, these screws locate into rubber inserts, so it isn’t necessary (or possible!) to tighten them fully. It is the side screw that provides the main support for the bracket.
- Repeat operation for left hand side.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!