Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Using a 5mm Allen key, remove the bolt holding the headlamp to the right hand headlamp bracket.
- Fit the right hand screen mounting bracket on the headlamp bracket and refit the bolt. Ensure that the triangular step at the back of the screen mounting bracket is resting fully on the headlamp bracket before tightening.
- Repeat operation for left hand side. If one side is fully tightened before the other is attempted then the headlamp should not need readjusting.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Note that the screen is held by a small amount of tension and the brackets may have to be forced slightly to accommodate this. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets. Do not overtighten these screws as damage to the brackets or threads may result.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!