Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Underneath the top yoke are two 8mm bolts, right by the fork legs, which hold the wire cable retainers. NB These are NOT the handlebar mounting bolts! Using a 5mm Allen key, remove the left hand one.
- Fit the left hand screen bracket between the cable retainer and the yoke, then refit the bolt. Note that the screen brackets must fit directly onto the yoke. Also note that the cable retainer has a tab which fits into a hole in the yoke: ensure this is engaged. Tighten the bolt, but not fully.
- Repeat the operation for the other screen bracket.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the four hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Now gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets. Do not overtighten these screws as damage to the brackets or threads may result.
- Sit on the bike and make sure the screen is central; this is achieved by eye. You should line up the headlamp too, so that everything looks right. When this is the case, tighten up the screen bracket bolts.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!