Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
2 x stainless steel bushes
2 x M8x45mm stainless hex head screws
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- On the front face of the top yoke are two 8mm bolts. Remove one of these bolts and place one of the stainless bushes in the hole
- Insert one of the M8 x 45mm screws through the mounting bracket, and then thread this into the hole. Tighten the bolt, but not fully.
- Repeat the operation for the other screen bracket.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the four hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Now gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets.
- Sit on the bike and make sure the screen is central; this is achieved by eye. You should line up the headlamps too, so that everything looks right. When this is the case, tighten up the screen bracket bolts.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!