Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
2 x M8 x 30mm stainless screws
2 x stainless bushes
2 x M8 stainless washers
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x M6 stainless washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Remove the Torx T40 bolt holding the headlamp to the right hand headlamp bracket.
- Fit an M8 washer onto one of the M8 x 30mm bolts, then the right hand screen bracket, and finally one of the stainless bushes. Now fit this assembly onto the right hand headlamp bracket and tighten the bolt. Ensure that the triangular part at the back of the screen mounting bracket is resting in the ‘V’ of the headlamp bracket before tightening.
- Repeat operation for left hand side. If one side is fully tightened before the other is attempted then the headlamp should not need readjusting.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!