Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
2 x stainless bushes
2 x 1.5” UNC screws
2 x UNC washers
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Using a 1/4” Allen key, remove one of the screws which hold the headlight cover to the top yoke. These are quite tight, so take care.
- Fit the screen mounting bracket on top of the bush, add the washer and insert the replacement UNC screw. Do not tighten fully at this point. Repeat the operation for the other screen bracket.
- With both brackets ﬁxed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely ﬁt the four hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten these screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets. Do not overtighten these screws as damage to the brackets or threads may result.
- Looking at the front of the bike, make sure the screen is centrally positioned over the headlight. Once this is the case, tighten the two mounting bracket screws (the ones in the headlight cover) fully.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!