Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Using a 5mm Allen key, remove the two large screws which hold the instrument console onto the headlight bracket. These are quite tight, so take care.
- Fit the screen mounting brackets between the instrument console and the headlight bracket, and refit the screws. Do not tighten fully at this point.
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the four hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten these screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets. Do not overtighten these screws as damage to the brackets or threads may result.
- Looking at the front of the bike, make sure the screen is centrally positioned over the headlight. Once this is the case, Tighten the instrument console screws.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!