Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x screen mounting bracket
4 x M5 x 30mm stainless hex head machine screws
2 x aluminium bushes (15mm)
2 x aluminium bushes (12mm)
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Firstly, you’ll need some space to work. Remove the two Torx T30 screws which secure the headlight assembly to the bottom yoke, and remove the headlight. We rest it on the mudguard, using a cloth for protection.
- Remove the wire cable tidy on the front of the headtube.
- Remove the four T25 screws which hold the plastic instrument bracket to the top yoke. The left hand screw has another wire cable tidy. This won’t be needed, so keep it safe with the other one.
- Now for the difficult part: position the four bushes on the flyscreen bracket. The two longer bushes need to be in the middle holes, with the two shorter bushes on the outside. The stepped rings should face upwards.
- Now position this assembly underneath the instrument bracket, and hold them together like a sandwich. You should be able to locate the stepped rings on the bushes in the holes on the instrument bracket.
- Still holding the assembly in position, feed a couple of the M5 x 30mm screws in from below the bracket. Then position the assembly under the top yoke, and fit one of the screws until finger tight.
- Check that everything is in position and fit the other three screws. Locate them by hand evenly, then gradually tighten them fully with a 3mm Allen key. That’s the difficult part done. Now refit the headlight.
- Insert the grommets in the holes in the screen. This is best achieved from the back of the screen.
- Hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the bottom two hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Do not tighten these yet.
- Fit the top two machine screws. Once everything is in position, gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!