Thank you for purchasing a Dart flyscreen. It has been carefully designed and manufactured to suit a specific motorcycle model and by following these instructions you should encounter no problems with fitting.
The kit should comprise the following:
1 x Makrolon® polycarbonate screen
4 x EPDM rubber grommets
1 x left hand mounting bracket
1 x right hand mounting bracket
2 x M6 x 12mm hex head screws
4 x stainless hex head machine screws
4 x washers
Tools required: you will need a 4mm and 5mm Allen key
- Fit the grommets to the screen - this is best achieved from the back of the screen blade.
- Fit the black screen brackets to the silver headlight brackets, and loosely fit the 12mm screws to secure them. Do not tighten these at this stage.
- Make a note of the headlight adjustment, and unscrew the headlight from its brackets. Unscrew and remove the right hand headlight bracket from the bike.
- Fit the new bracket assembly to the bike using the existing pair of hex bolts. Do not tighten these fully yet.
- Repeat the operation for the other screen bracket. Once this is done, fit the headlight to the new
- With both brackets fixed, hold the screen blade in position and loosely fit the four hexagon head machine screws with their washers, ensuring that they engage in the captive nuts on the brackets. Now gradually tighten all the screws evenly until they are seated on the brackets.
- Sit on the bike and make sure the screen is central; this is achieved by eye. You should line up the headlamp too, so that everything looks right. When this is the case, tighten up the headlight bracket bolts.
- Adjust the headlight to the right height, and tighten the headlight screws. You can now tighten the 12mm bracket screws.
- Double check that everything is sufficiently tight and if so, fitting is now complete!